I study the political economy of disasters and international development. I live in the UK and focus much of my current work on evaluating development programs locally and in Sub-Saharan Africa. I examine programs designed to build resilience and adapt to climate change, as well as social programs aimed at improving the lives of underserved populations (isolated persons, single mothers, victims of domestic abuse, homeless), and their effects on community resilience, political trust, public opinion, and more.
Sustainable Development Goals:
Affordable and Clean Energy, Climate Action, Decent Work and Economic Growth, Gender Equality, Good Health and Well-being, Justice and Strong Institutions, No Poverty, Peace, Reduced Inequalities, Sustainable Cities and Commnunities
I am interested in the following geographical area(s):
Components of the GCRF I am interested in:
Equitable Access to Sustainable Development
– secure and resilient food systems supported by sustainable marine resources and agriculture
– sustainable health and well being
– affordable, reliable, sustainable energy
Sustainable Economies and Societies
– Resilience and action on short-term environmental shocks and long-term environmental change
– Sustainable cities and communities
– Sustainable production and consumption of materials and other resources
Human Rights, Good Governance and Social Justice
– Reduce poverty and inequality, including gender inequalities.